Baja Sunsport 184 with 150 HP Mercury has been stripped to the bare bones and lovingly restored, rebuilt, upgraded or replaced with many parts throughout. No expense was spared during this restore/rebuild as you can see from the dollar figures invested below. The metal flake gel coat is high gloss and shows only minor use after 22 years. Most of its life has been spent sitting in the garage. All steel in the boat has been replaced by stainless or aluminum. All cleats have been reinforced stronger than factory. The electrical components have been replaced or added beyond original equipment. The factory, plain brown interior scheme has been replaced by a multi-colored theme to compliment the flashy exterior. The Mercury has an estimated 2 to 100 hours of use depending on the different rebuilds done. The fuel/oil mix has always been done in an external tank, then added to the internal tank, to ensure proper mix ratio. The trailer was stripped, repainted, upgraded and serviced also. I have all receipts and papers from the work done and parts installed.
This boat handles extremely well compared to any that I have experienced. I compare it to a Corvette in the water. Its hull dynamics allow it to pull a corner at full speed and carve water on its side. Yes, it can actually turn sharp enough to pull water up to the tops of the gunnels. The reverse chines make it track stable and eliminate a lot of lateral skier pull. It will plane nice and high in the water but it still allows a nice wake at towing speeds.
I can only say that this is a beautiful boat that deserves a home that will put her to use. She wants to scream on the water again. She longs to rip your arms off as she drags you around the lake. She loves blinding passing boats with her flashy metallic skin. Someone please give her a loving home.
1985 18 foot, 4 inch bowrider ski / pleasure boat
- low profile, excellent handling, 55 MPH
- new custom upholstery throughout
- new carpeting throughout
- new AM/FM/CD stereo system
- new Hummingbird 400TX fish/depth/speed/temp
- 24 gallon aluminum built in fuel tank
- new fuel lines on tank and engine
- storage under bow and rear seats
- built in cooler compartment in bow
- large carpeted gunwale storage areas
- heavy duty aluminum ski pole
- new stainless steel hardware throughout
- new electrical system and full gauges
- fiberglass hull with metallic gelcoat finish
- resin sealed wood floor - will not rot
- new Sunbrella boat and motor covers
- new starting / deep cycle battery
- reinforced cleats
- new bilge pump with automatic float switch
1979 150 hp Mercury w/trim and tilt
- rebuilt V6 powerhead with very low hours
- rebuilt and synchronized carburetors (6)
- rebuilt lower unit with new prop shaft
- new water pump and seals in lower unit
- new hydraulic lines on trim/tilt pump
- SS 21p, 3 blade prop
- aluminum 20p, 3 blade prop
- new Hydrofoil stabilizer with torque equalizers
1984 heavy duty trailer
- new tires and spare with cover
- self-centering bunks and rollers
- new bearing buddies with covers
- sandblasted and repainted trailer
- new winch strap and rollers
- new quick tie connectors for boat cover
- new transom ties and transom saver bracket
>> over $15,500 invested <<
appraised market value $8,200
The only thing this beautiful boat needs is a lower pitched prop for dedicated towing sports. I was working on testing props when a car accident ended my water sports activities (well besides fishing!) I am estimating it will need a 14 x 15 - 4 blade to maintain the recommended 5,000 – 5,500 rpm range. You can get these for $100 in aluminum and most service centers will allow you to test different props. The current stainless prop provides top end speed. The current aluminum prop provides mid-range performance. She just needs a power prop for dedicated skiing or wakeboarding to prevent outboard damage due to over revving or under revving.
I have about $2,000 worth of tow-able toys and outfitting equipment for the boat also. These are not your el-cheapo boating goods. They are high quality goods purchased from respectable marine retailers. I have everything to outfit the boat on the water from anchors to PFDs to flares to tools. I also have all the toys, such as wakeboard, combo skiis, tow tube, knee board, several ropes, bags, etc. Maybe we can work out a deal if you would like these items also. I can send pics of them if you wish.
I can email more pics of the boat if you request. I am working on producing a video of the boat with the outboard running. I find it beneficial to prove, beyond a doubt, that this boat is all I say it is. Hopefully, you feel the same.
Thanks for looking.
view my photo ad http://www.ablboats.com/details.asp?ListingID=77646